Form 1 Programme
In Form 1 students are offered a choice of subjects for languages, optional subject lines and for short courses.
Students partake in a rotating taster programme for all optional subjects. On completion of the taster programme students are placed in their selected Junior Cycle subjects. We offer the most comprehensive Form I subject choice
offering across the areas of Science, Business, Practical Subjects and Languages.
First Year/Junior Cycle Subject Choices
English • Irish • Maths • Science • CSPE • SPHE • ICT • Physical Education • Religious Education
(Students choose one Language from the following)
French • German • Spanish • Italian, Chinese is offered as a short course in Junior Certificate
(Students will study three of the following subjects, one from each
of three Option lines.)
Art • Music • Home Economics • Technology • Technical Graphics • Materials Technology Metal • Materials Technology Wood • History • Geography • Business
All Form 1 students will…
- study a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Junior Cycle short course
- have a choice of 5 languages:
French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese
- have the opportunity to study a diverse range of short courses unique to Coláiste Chiaráin
- will study 3 optional subjects from a choice of 10
– Art, Music, Home Economics, Applied Technology, Graphics, Engineering, Wood Technology, Geography, Business
- have the opportunity to progress from Junior Cycle to a broad Senior Cycle curriculum choice
News - School Updates
In addition to our school website, please follow our school updates and activities on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
High Street, Croom, Co. Limerick
Tel: +00 353 61 397700
The contents of Coláiste Chiaráin's web pages are provided as an information guide only.