Updated Covid-19 Guidance issued by the Department of Education on Feb. 23rd.
Please note, the following arrangements effective from Monday next Feb. 28th:
- Students who are symptomatic should not attend school and should follow HSE guidelines. One of the key messages of the updated guidance is to do everything practical to avoid the introduction of COVID-19 into the school. If infection is not introduced it cannot be spread.
- Good hand hygiene and sanitization habits should continue.
- Physical distancing will no longer be a requirement.
- Mask wearing will no longer be mandatory in schools. Students and staff members who wish to continue to wear masks will be in no way discouraged from doing so. Our school will continue to make masks available for anyone wishing to wear one.
- The wearing of face masks on school transport will no longer be mandatory but continues to be advised.
- There is no longer a requirement to restrict visitors to schools.
- Should you wish to have a face-to-face meeting with a staff member, an appointment should be made through the school office.
- Arrangements for remaining Parent/Teacher meetings will now be considered against this updated guidance.
- Remote meetings will continue to be convened with parents and guardians as required.
- Ventilation remains a requirement. Please ensure warm clothes are worn & ensure that the outer layer of clothing is one of the following only: school uniform jumper or crested school jacket.
- The use of dressing rooms is once again permitted. In this regard, we will be reviewing PE arrangements from next week.
- In recent weeks we have initiated the assignment of lockers to students. In the coming days lockers will be issued to all remaining students.
As we move to this new stage in the COVID-19 Pandemic, We will be mindful and supportive of any vulnerable students or staff in our school community.
News - School Updates
In addition to our school website, please follow our school updates and activities on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
High Street, Croom, Co. Limerick
Tel: +00 353 61 397700
The contents of Coláiste Chiaráin's web pages are provided as an information guide only.