Please see information below in relation to the process for appealing a Junior Cycle result to the State Examinations Commission (SEC). The deadline for the school to make an appeal on behalf of the student is next Tuesday 24th October so anyone wishing to appeal a result will need to contact the school by emailing email@example.com by 13:00 on Monday 23rd October at the latest to ensure payment reaches the SEC by 5pm on Tuesday 24th October.
A fee of €32 per Subject per applicant applies
The application form can be downloaded from www.examinations.ie,
A Simple explanation of the Appeals Process CLICK HERE
APPLICATIONS FOR REVIEW OF RESULTS (APPEALS)
The following conditions apply to applications for a review of Junior Cycle results (appeals):
- (i) Applications will be accepted only from the School Authority.
- (ii) The SEC does not accept appeal applications directly from candidates, parents or individual teachers.
- (iii) With the reintroduction of appeal fees, each appeal review carries a fee of €32 per subject. (Details of the payment of the fees are below).
- (iv) To raise an appeal, the Principal (or authorised representative), must attest that the examination result attained by the candidate is significantly at variance with the school’s considered judgement of the performance of the candidate concerned at the examination in question.
- (v) For the reason set out in (iv), the SEC will not accept School or Class based appeal applications.
- (vi) A valid appeal consists of both the appeal application form, duly authorised by the Principal, and the payment. School authorities should complete the procedures in both A and B below.
A. Complete the Appeal Application Form
The application form can be downloaded from www.examinations.ie, completed, scanned, and submitted to the SEC by the deadline by email. A valid appeal will require the signature of the Principal certifying that the appeal is warranted as set out at (iv) above.
The application form should state the examination number and name of each candidate for whom an appeal is considered warranted and the subject and level being appealed.
All applications for appeal should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 PM on Tuesday 24 October, 2023.
B. Pay the Junior Cycle Appeal Fees
A fee of €32 per Subject per applicant must accompany each appeal application. The fee will be refunded if, on review, the candidate’s work is deemed to merit the award of a higher grade. Fees must be paid to the school who will pay the SEC via EFT before the closing date of 5 PM on Tuesday 24 October:
News - School Updates
In addition to our school website, please follow our school updates and activities on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
High Street, Croom, Co. Limerick
Tel: +00 353 61 397700
The contents of Coláiste Chiaráin's web pages are provided as an information guide only.